Trending

Sunday, February 25, 2018

PRESS RELEASE: THE DEFECTION OF ELDER SAM ROGERS ICHENWO -My Stand. - Written by Glory Ichenwo



Ordinarily I said I would not make comments on the trending issue of defection of the Rumuepirikom born  Elder Sam Rogers Ichenwo, but for the purpose of clarification and helping some low minded people to think aright, let me drop this here.

Elder Ichenwo  contested chairmanship election of Obio/Akpor LGA in Rivers State(1999) and won, he became chairman elect until his opponent's(Nyesom Wike) governorship hopeful being Dr. Peter Odili, won and was sworn-in as governor, that began the problem. 

Odili wrongly manipulated the instrument of the state(court) to the ouster of Elder Ichenwo, forcing Nyesom Wike on Obio/Akpor people.
Since then till his yesterday's defection, the man Ichenwo remained opposing Wike.

As the leader of the Rumuepirikom-Elioparanwo Ward 9 APC before, during and after the 2015 elections in Rivers State, Elder Ichenwo stood his ground and gave APC a strong voice. Even at his 64 years age at that time(2015 ), he was always leading his crowd of APC followers to the field of play. He was a leader that was on ground, he was always seen at the field of play.

As a man of his own, Elder Ichenwo now at the age of 67 has decided to pull out of the APC, his decision should be respected, it should not be a yardstick for sycophantic and pretentious comments from cowards that can not go to their villages talk more of showing up the ideals and workings of the APC.

As a son of Elder Ichenwo, the truth is simply that he has made his choice of leaving the APC for reasons best known to him. I am his third son and a grown man, he did not inform me of his defection, I did not go with him and I will not fight him for making such move . Maybe he knew that as his son and friend, I would have tried to stop or discourage him from the move, he decided to do his thing without informing me. It was in the evening of yesterday, I met him at his house(my family house), he then called me and said "O boy, you have heared of the development, I had to take a decision, don't let it border you, I still love as a son and friend, I wish you guys well in your APC", then it was done on me that my Dad who mentored me up to this point had truely left my APC...Such is life.

It is a painful experience, but as a man I have taken "my stand" to remain and continue with the APC until we realise our dream of taking over Brick-House u 2019. 

For those of you that would want to question my Dad's defection, pls think again as the decisions of ground forces are normally regarded as worth-the-while, nothing spoil.

I advice the leadership of our party(APC) and our overall leader H.E CRA to overhaul and reorganise the party, we need the best of persons in our party, politics is a game of numbers and as such, "if must play the game politics, we should learn to play it right". Playing it right means we need everybody, our ideals and policies should always be adhered to strongly.

Sometimes I wish for some of our party people to have come from the Governor's community(Rumuepirikom) let me see how they can cope with Nyesom Wike's brutality.

My Dad is my Dad, lovely one at that, I am my humble self, I remain a dogged member of APC until the end. 

All that I have said is without fear or favour, I have spoken, no apologies. Let the ideal music of change play on....APC all the  way!

ICHENWO GLORY.